Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tuesday Poem - Krill Watching


Lisa Roberts is a Sydney-based dancer and animator with whom I hope to work on a series of Antarctica-based collaborations next year (together with geologist/musician Rupert Summerson from Canberra).  

Earlier this year, Lisa, Rupert and I spent an afternoon in the krill nursery at the Australian Antarctic Division in Hobart, Tasmania. So much has happened between then and now that it sometimes feels as though a hundred years have passed, when in fact it's 'only' been four months. 

Yesterday, Lisa sent me a link to her most recent animation titled Krill Watching. I immediately thought, 'This is a poem; it's witty, tender, lyrical, balletic, playful and profound... ' I asked her if I could post her her krill piece as my Tuesday Poem this week - and here it is.  

If you would like be transported, enchanted and uplifted, I would encourage you to visit Lisa's website where you can explore her sensitively drawn image-scapes.  

Thank you, Lisa. 



Krill, drawing - Tasmania 2010 - CB



For more Tuesday Poems, please click here.



4 comments:

  1. Thank you Claire, for linking more people to Antarctic Animation.

    I love your drawings of krill!

    Here's cheers to further Antarctic connections.

    xxxxx Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Lisa - a pleasure to introduce your work here. As you already know, I find what you do inspiring.

    Cheers indeed to further Antarctic imaginings ; ) xx

    (this is one of the drawings I sent to Steve, done after our day's drawing in the nursery with those lovable babies!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mysteries beyond our immediate vision. Thank you for the link, which I shared with my brother for whom our planet - let alone any others - is the source of endless discovery and imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marylinn - am happy to know you've passed this link on to your brother. The mysteries that lie beyond our vision are by far the bigger part of this life we're living on earth? We see only the teensiest fraction of what's really (t)here. Sometimes I wish I could do as astronauts and extreme divers do and launch myself into that 'other', deeply ambiguous and infinite space. I understand your brother's fascination for our - and other - planets. L, C x

    ReplyDelete